Saturday, October 10, 2015

Productivity!!

Today was SOOOO productive.

1. Matt got all the new shades put up!! And then he said, "Can you give me the money now?" "Yes, I will!!" They all look great!!! I would like to order one more set for the kids' bathroom yet.

2.  We moved Christian into his new bedroom.  His dresser, his bed, and his bookshelf (plus ALL his books) got moved along with his toys.  We kind of struggled about where to put everything, but in the end, I think it will work out.  We also put Courtney's little table back his room along with the art supplies. Before we were even done moving everything, those two (Courtney and Christian) were sitting at the table together making art projects.

3.  After Christian's items were moved, it was time to clean up his old bedroom a little bit. We vacuumed the floor, wiped down the walls, and dusted the dresser that we left in there for the baby.

4. After it was clean, Matt went into the attic and got out the crib!! We wiped that down and then Matt put it together and set it in the baby's room. So exciting!!

5. After this was put together, I just had to find the sheets in the attic, so I pulled the container with labeled "baby bedding" and got the crib sheets out. While I was at it, I found the 0-3 month box and pulled out all the baby clothes.  All the sheets, mattress pads, burp cloths, hats socks, onesies, shirts, pants, and sleepers got taken down the laundry room and little by little, I am getting everything washed tonight. 

I found out that I do not have any winter sleepers or really any winter clothes. Since Christian was a summer baby, I have a lot of t-shirts and shorts in 0-3 and 3-6 month size. I will definitely need some warmer clothes for this baby! I knew we would be off season and I have a couple winter sleepers and a couple pairs of pants and long shirts but not enough!

6.  After we got done pulling out the baby stuff, we decided to head back to the girls' room to reorganize that mess! Everything got thrown in there from the playroom (stuff we knew we wanted to keep) and now we had to put those items somewhere permanently. Some items went to Christian's new room, some got put under beds and in drawers, and some things got put in their closet. There is still some work to do in there!

By this time, it was 4 pm and we were exhausted! I thought we deserved some chocolate ice cream, so we made a homemade batch of almond ice cream with cocoa added. Yummy!! We enjoyed this as we finished watching the Husker game on TV.

Maybe I will clean the downstairs tomorrow! Yikes!!

PS I am glad Christian is being such a good trooper about moving to a new room. Tonight he said, "What will I do if I have to go potty in the middle of the night?" I replied with, "You know the way to the bathroom, right?"  It is probably weird for him to be in a new room, but I think he will adjust very well!

No comments:

Post a Comment