Monday, October 26, 2015

Interruptions, Interruptions!

I had big goals today with school. I had a lot to get through and with Christian's surgery this week and baby coming soon, I need to keep pushing forward. I had nothing on my schedule, so I was pretty optimistic about getting through everything I wanted to get through today. This was one of the two days this week that we would be able to have school all day long.

To my fault, things did not even get started on time!! I like to start school at 9, but we started at 9:10 today. And since we started late, our subjects got delayed. I like to be done with Bible class at 9:30, but again, we stopped about 9:40.

After Bible class, we always do read aloud until about 10:15. Well, today, we did a history lesson on China, and that took until about 10:45!! We were learning and I wanted to keep going until we were at a good stopping point. Unfortunately, this took a little bit longer that I would have liked!

After read aloud time, I usually sit down with Megan and do her English, spelling, and language arts by herself. This works great because Courtney and Christian can go play and be occupied for awhile. :)  Today, we had some language arts to re-discuss from last week, so we pulled that out and started on that.  Then the phone rang about 11.  It was a neighbor and she wanted to bring some cherry tomatoes over from her garden, so I said ok. She came over about five minute later and of course, stayed for about twenty minutes to talk. I hadn't talked to her for awhile, so we caught up on life a little bit.

By the time she left, it was about 11:30. Megan and I turned back to her outline we were working on and got that finished by 12.  But I did not get to English, spelling, or even any of Courtney's work. I usually get this all done by 12!

We took a break for lunch and about 1:15, I got a text that my mother in law wanted to stop by and drop off some things. Of course! I actually said, "My day has been totally off schedule anyway, so why not?"   Within twenty minutes, she was at my door, luckily Megan and I finished spelling and English before she arrived.

She stayed about an hour, which is fine, but by the time she left, it was 3 pm! I told the girls that we WERE getting school done today! (I usually try to be done by 3.)

Since we had finished English and spelling with Megan, I sent her upstairs to do her homework and then I told her when I was done with Courtney, I would call her back downstairs to go over math.

I had Courtney sit down and I pulled out her math, spelling, and English. Courtney does NOT like to do school at 3 in the afternoon. She is a "Let's get it all done before noon" kind of student. I had to constantly remind her today to focus and pay attention, but we got through it with 45 minutes or so!

After Courtney's work was done, she went off to do her homework. I brought Megan back down and went over her math. She is ok with doing work in the afternoon, but four is kind of late for her. Again, I reminded her that we had a lot of interruptions and we just needed to get it done!

By 4:30, we were done with math and school was over!

And what about Christian? Nope, didn't get to him at all today!

No comments:

Post a Comment