Wednesday, October 7, 2015

35 1\2 Week checkup

Little by little, we are getting to the end of this pregnancy!!! (What is going to get done first, the house or this baby??)

I saw my midwife today for the beginning of my weekly appointments.  Today she thought it was funny to tease me about how far over I will go! I think her exact quote was, "Ah, she always goes to 45 weeks!" This was in regards to the test for strep b, which they usually do at 36 weeks.  She didn't want to do it today because it is only good for five weeks and if I go past 41 weeks, I have to do it over again. Honestly, I have always been negative for strep b in the past, so I am not too worried about it. She said she will check me next week and do the strep b test then too.

Today she measured the baby and my belly grew 3 1/2 cm in two weeks! I measured 33 cm last time and today I was 36 1/2!!! No wonder my belly feels like my skin is stretching and that I am going to pop! I only gained two pounds in the last two weeks too (Up 26 1/2 now). I think weight gain starts to slow down near the end.

Baby's heartbeat was about 150 and my blood pressure was 104/56, or something low like that! She even messed with the baby a little bit while she was getting his heartbeat and heard a "nice acceleration." Good!!

She says I am ALL baby and that is what so many people have said lately! I am glad! I feel so much better this pregnancy than I did with the last two. It was well worth it to take three years to heal my body. I also think getting chiropractic adjustments every week or two has helped tremendously.

I also gave her my birth plan that she has been begging me for. I know that she will do everything I want, so I am not even worried about how my birth will go. I have had three great births, so I don't anticipate anything different with this one.  She knows me well enough! She has already delivered one child of mine (Courtney); I have completely confidence in her.

At the end of the appointment today, she said, "Don't worry, I think you'll be pregnant for awhile yet!"

I head back again next Tuesday for my 36 week appointment. EEK! Baby is full term already!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment