Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Nesting?

Today, I nested all day long!  I cleaned the house, washed every piece of dirty laundry I could find, and washed every single dirty dish I had.  We ran the dishwasher three times and I washed two sink-fulls by hand.  I am on a mission! 

My daughters have now learned that mama's "nest" when they are about to have a baby! They think it is kind of funny because I was kind of obsessed with cleaning today and they could tell!  This morning I made the proposition that we should just take the day off of school and clean all day. They wanted to do it! I said, no, we have to go to school. I made them put away everything they got out; I even made them clean up the living room before going to bed, which I never do!!

What brought this all on? Well, I had contractions last night from 6 pm to 1 am (yes, about 7 hours). They were 5-6 or 10 minutes apart and some were 2-3 minutes long. I kept wondering, "Are these still false contractions or are they the real thing?" They didn't get more intense or stronger as the night went on, so I never called my midwife or worried much about going to the hospital. Even though I did think to myself, "Maybe I should pack a bag. Maybe I should get some things ready for the baby. Maybe the kids should pack a bag. Maybe I should call a neighbor to come over in the middle of the night. What if I REALLY need to go to the hospital??" (Don't worry, we do have a plan of what to do with the kids in the middle of the night!)

As much as I would have loved to have had this baby last night, I am glad they finally stopped about 1 am and I could get some sleep. I was pretty restless until then. Honestly, I don't want a middle-of-the-night baby! My afternoon babies have worked great in the past!

I woke up about 5:30 this morning and they started right up again. They didn't last but a couple of hours and by the time I got up and got going, they stopped.  Bummer!

Tonight again, they have started and have been going for the last couple of hours. They are not near as intense or regular as they were last night, but I can still feel them.  These seem more like the false contractions that I am used to having.

I see my midwife in the morning, so I will see what she thinks about this all. If these are the real thing and I actually go into labor, it will be AMAZING! I have never had a baby in less than a week overdue, which is still two weeks away!

I did pull my backpack out of the attic tonight and got out some clothes incase we had to go to the hospital.  I also had the kids put together some clothes and got some out for the baby. Matt said he doesn't want to take anything because he will just run home if he needs something. The hospital is not very far away, so that will work for him.

I can't believe we are getting so close!! But I am not giving my hopes up, I could still sit around pregnant until November 22nd! Honestly, I am not that uncomfortable and I feel great yet! We just need to get those platelets up!

I should add that Christian's surgery is now scheduled for Thursday, so baby needs to make up his mind on what he wants to do! This is the third time we have rescheduled it already!



No comments:

Post a Comment