Sunday, January 1, 2012

Christmas is officially over and new schedule

Today we had our last Christmas get-together. We went to Lincoln to see my grandma, who we didn't go to on Christmas day. That was nice.

Yesterday we took our tree down and put all our Christmas decorations away.

Now I know why everybody needs a 2 week break at Christmas! I probably need about another week yet to get the house organized and everything put where it goes, I have already been working this whole last week on this project!

We haven't done school for about 2 1/2 weeks. I have had no time, but we needed a break anyway. We will definitely get back to it this week. Courtney starts preschool on Wednesday, so that will be the motivation.

We are going to get on our new schedule this week. I changed everything around and I am going to drop my gym membership.

Here is what it entails:
Monday-8:40 take Megan to art class
8:50 take Courtney to preschool
9:30pick Megan up from art class
bring her home and give piano lessons
have school
11:20 go pick Courtney up from art class
lunch
free time for the rest of the day!!!!
Christian nap time
(Monday may be modified, I may stick "errands" in the morning instead of school)

Tuesday: Get out of bed- my first challenge!
9:00 start school
11:30 lunch
1:00 Homeschool PE class at Prarie Life
This will be included in my membership for the month of January, but after that, it will be $9 a time for both girls. Hmmm, $36 a month or $130? I won't be able to use the childcare either, but I'm sure everybody will have kids running around!
2:00 come home and put Christian down for a nap
Rest of the time is free!!

Wednesday: 8:50 Courtney to preschool
Come home and teach Megan
11:20 Pick Courtney up from preschool
As of February 1st, we are going to take a class or 2 at the Homeschool Learning Center. These would be at 2 and 3, so about 1:30, we would leave for class.
5:30 supper
6:45 AWANA

Thursday- Get out of bed!
9:00 school for Megan
lunch
afternoon nap and free time
4:15 dance for Megan

Friday- 8:50 preschool for Courtney
bring Megan home and have school
11:20 pick up Courtney
lunch
free time all afternoon!

Now, who things life will get less stressful for me?? I do!!! I just need to stick to my schedule. I may have a few problems though.
1. I need to stick groceries/ errands in somewhere, so I may have to push school to the afternoons on some days or use my evenings or weekends more.
2. I need motivation to get out of bed on Tuesday and Thursdays.
3. I used to do showers on Tuesdays and Thursdays mornings, so that will need to change.
4. Who is going to entertain Christian while I teach Megan??? I am going to bring a bunch of his toys and books down to the living room, so he will have plenty of things to entertain himself.
5. Like I said, I am going to drop my gym membership. I can't do everything. My plan is to spend some time exercising/ time for myself while Christian is sleeping in the afternoons. I will pick the gym back up in June for the summer. I didn't see how I could go to the gym a couple days a week AND do homeschooling activities. I will try it and see how it goes, but I definitely need to get out these and get involved in homeschool groups.
6. I also need to find time to teach Courtney how to read. I'm sure we can work this in during the afternoon. She has the desire, so why not? We will also need time to go over her AWANA lessons.

I am anxious to get this week started just to see if this will work!

No comments:

Post a Comment