Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Ten on Tuesday

I've been thinking about this post all day, I should probably write my thoughts down.

1. I love this weather, I swear there were more people at the park yesterday than I had ever seen in the last three years that we have lived here! Probably because there was no heat or humidity or bugs. It was actually crowded! Oh, and it was 70 degrees out in the middle of winter. There were girls there in shorts and tanktops, really, it's not THAT warm!

2. I love doing things as a family. We waited until Matt was done working yesterday before we walked to the park. Then we played a game of Wii party last night, we don't get a lot of downtime, so it's nice when we have it.

3. Matt is gone in Des Moines this week, after having him home for 2 weeks, I was getting used to his help. You know, getting the kids out of bed in the morning, getting them breakfast, entertaining them while I teach Megan, disciplining, etc. It might be kind of quiet the next two days.

4. Courtney wasn't very sick after all. After throwing up a little bit while Megan and I were at church, she took a 3 hour nap. When she woke up, she was like a whole new person. She must've felt better because she had her wit back! Crazy thing!

5. Nobody else has gotten it yet-knock on wood. I think she might have been exhausted from our two late nights (Friday and Saturday).

6. I have a sore throat, but nothing some sudafed and advil can't fix. :)

7. Can I really take a sick day when it comes to homeschooling? Do I get PTO or sick days too??

8. Can you believe it is 60 degrees out again today? I told the girls that we need to finish school first before we go play outside. Megan then asked, "Can we have school outside?" Sure!! Why not??

9. I am starting to look at new curriculum for next year. I like what we are doing, but not 100%. I am open to getting some different curriculum to do next year, something that will work for two kids.

10. Today was my last day as members of Prarie Life Fitness. :( It's ok though, we went there for homeschool PE class today and I put Christian in the nursery for the last time. I will need to pay for the girls to participate next week. I feel like we are getting more time to devote to school and more down time with the girls. Goal accomplished. We are even doing some more homeschool activities like PE and we start a science class tomorrow at the Homeschool Learning Center. I will join again in May, so we can enjoy the summer there again.

No comments:

Post a Comment