Saturday, January 7, 2012

Funny Story from the Week

Last Monday, I took Megan and we went and ran some errands and did some grocery shopping. While I was gone (at least 2 hours), Matt and Courtney played video games and watched a movie. When we got home, Courtney and Matt were in the exact same spot in the living room as when I left.

Whenever we have the TV on a lot or the kids are sitting in front of it too much, I always say they are "rotting their brains out." So the first thing when I came in Monday evening, Courtney told me in a laughing voice, "Mom, we've been rotting our brains out while you've been gone." I guess she had also mentioned to Matt that she could feel her brains coming out of her ears because they were rotting away. She even had Matt look in her ears at one point. This is something we always laugh about because I really don't want them sitting in front of the TV for extended periods of time.

Well at supper, it wasn't so funny anymore. I looked over and Courtney was crying! She said, "Mom, I can feel my brains coming out of my ears, they really are rotting away!" Poor thing!! We had to persuade her that we were just kidding!! I think she figured out that she had sat in front of the TV way too long!!

No comments:

Post a Comment