Saturday, January 21, 2012

Railing on or railing off?

When we cleaned bedrooms today, we took the sheets off the girls' beds and put new ones on. This is always an ordeal with Megan's bed because she still has her bed railing on. The last time it was off was the night she fell and broke her arm. After that, I have always teased her that she's going to keep it on her bed until she was 18!

We had it off today and we had new sheets on her bed, it looked so nice! Matt came in and said, "You know Megan, you're old enough, you don't need to have your railing on anymore." This kind of took me off guard! Megan wasn't so sure about it, about 5 minutes earlier, she told me she likes her railing on because she likes to put her books against it.

So it was still off tonight when she went to bed, she told me she didn't want it on and promised me she wouldn't fall out! I said good night and started to walk out the door when I heard, "Mom, I want my railing back on." Ok, no problems there! I got it and put it back on. I really think it might be hard for her to give up. She's had that railing on since she's had that bed, I think she got it when she was 2 1/2 years old. I think it's a sense of security for her. It certainly gives me less to worry about tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment