Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Lesson Learned Today

Today did not go exactly as planned.

My thought was to
A. Get school stared by about 9-9:15 am
B. Finish school by 11:30
C. Eat Lunch
D. Head out the door about 12:40 for Prarie Life PE Class
E. Come home about 2:15
F. Put Christian down for a nap
G. Enjoy the afternoon to myself and let the girls play!!!
H. Clean the house a little bit
I. Supper about 6
J. Give piano lessons at 7
K. Kids to bed at 8:30

Here's how it went:
A. Woke up at 4:44, right when Matt got up to get his day started. Stayed in bed until 7:15 or so.
B. Got girls up, got them breakfast, they were dressed and ready to start school by 9:15! (Yay me!)
C. Problem!! Megan does not have her homework done.
Megan works on homework until 10:15 while I work with Courtney on her reading lessons.
D. 10:15 Finally start school with Megan. We do history, readers, and read aloud. Now it is about 11:15, so we get out our AWANA books. We review both girls' verses and then I continue on to teach Megan a second verse. She didn't want any part of learning another verse, so we had a fit. :( At one point, she locked herself in the bathroom saying, "I don't WANT to learn another verse!!" Well, since you are having a fit, you are going to! So she did.
E. Lunch at 12, out the door by 12:40 for PE class. School is not even halfway done. :(
Christian falls asleep in the car on the way to PE class. Once we get there, he sleeps in my arms for 10 minutes, wakes up, and I put him in childcare. This was his nap for the day.
F. PE class went well, we decided to make a quick stop at the library afterwards.
Home about 3:30.
G. Girls read books, kids get snacks, and 4 pm, I called my mom...for 45 minutes.
H. About 5 pm, decide to clean the piano and living room for piano lessons. The girls vaccuumed- it was great!
I. 5:30 pm, sit down and try to finish school. We started with health, Bible, language arts, math. I actually skipped some of language arts because I didn't feel we had enough time to do justice.
J. 6:20 Sit down and eat supper
K. 7 pm Piano lessons
L. 8:30 Bedtime.

My plans and what actually happened are completely opposite. I didn't get one moment to myself, to sit down and put my feet up with nobody bothering me.

My lesson I learned today though that I would've had time this afternoon IF Megan would've had her homework done this morning. She spent about an hour doing homework, if that was done, we probably could've gotten school done this morning and we could've all had some free time this afternoon. New rule for the Ruwe house- Homework will be done before you go to sleep at night!! My sanity depends on it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment