Saturday, January 7, 2012

Other events this week

1. I dropped my gym membership.

2. I got together with a friend to let the kids play awhile and I got some mommy time. Ahh, refreshing.

3. I have Megan signed up to take a Homeschool class on Wednesday afternoons.

4. I have a swimming date scheduled next week with another homeschooling family.

5. I am considering a class at the zoo and a field trip to the SAC museum, all with homeschooling families.

(See all the things I have time for now-now that I don't feel I have to go to the gym every free moment because I am paying for it!)

6. I spent the afternoon on Thursday at the zoo! What a gorgeous day!

7. Had a very cranky baby because he didn't have good naps this week. This is the sacrifice I am making so I can hang out with homeschoolers. We'll just deal with it.

8. I got into a conversation with somebody at Megan's dance class who is considering homeschooling. She is in the exact same spot we were last year. We talked the entire 45 minutes and I didn't watch Megan dance at all! I figured out that I have become very pro-homeschooling!
I think I encouraged her, but more than that, it encouraged me that we are on the right track with what we want to do with our family!

9. Started teaching Megan in the mornings. Wow, does that work better. It is so nice to get everything done by noon!

10. Started working more with Courtney in her preschool books and we received her book "Teach Your kid to Read in 100 easy lessons" yesterday and we did the first two lessons last night. She understand everything we were doing and caught on very quickly. I saw "Hop on Pop" on the floor last night and I said to her, "Courtney, I bet you can read this if you really tried," Sure enough, she was starting to figure words out, just after two lessons in her reading book! She is so excited to learn to read!!!

11. Got way behind in laundry- yikes, that may be my mission for the weekend. Now you know it's bad when I am starting to run out of clothes!!

12. Survived another week with Matt in Iowa- wow, it's so good when he walks through the door on Thursday nights! So refreshing!!

13. Still have a pile of things to take back to Walmart- doubles from Christmas and other things that we need to return. ugh.

14. Have heard my children using their manners more in public (please, may I, thank you) without being prompted! Happy day!

15. Have really been trying to not to procrastinate things this week. I am trying to get out of bed and get going right away in the morning, getting kids up and ready even if we aren't going anywhere, trying to get the dishes done at night, trying to keep coats/ shoes/ backpacks put away, trying to keep the tables clean and wiped off. Ok, so laundry and my kitchen island didn't look so good this week, but I'm trying!!

(On a side note, Matt went and ran some errands on Monday too and on his way home, he was listening to a radio broadcast about procrastination and he ran into the house and said, "You have to listen to this!!". He turned it on and it described me exactly! I really wanted to listen to all of it, but I didn't get a chance to.

Ok, since it is Saturday, I didn't force the kids to get dressed or anything, it may be time to get them going! It feels good to stay on top of things!

1 comment: