Saturday, January 14, 2012

Swimming All Afternoon!

Yesterday we met up with a homeschool group! Finally!

Every second Friday of the month, they go swimming at the Valley YMCA in the afternoon for $1! I knew of some other friends that were going, so I said we would go along too. Christian's nap can wait. :)

After missing the exit and turning around, we finally got there! They opened the pool at 1:30 and the kids jumped right in. It was a zero-entry pool with a slide for the bigger kids and a slide for the younger kids. Megan had to take a swimming test so she could be in the deep end, but that was no problem. Actually they required her to swim the front crawl to the other end and back, but she's still learning her front crawl, so she tried her best. She did backstroke on the way back. I tried to tell the lifeguard that she is great in deep water, but she had to pass the test anyway, which is fine.

Courtney, Christian, and I stayed in the shallow end while Megan took off with some of her friends for the deep end. They had a blast! I felt much better about her down there since there was a lifeguard there.

They had restbreaks every hour and about 3:15 or so, Courtney was done. Christian was acting pretty tired, so I went and changed us 3. We then sat on a bench and had a snack and of course, continued to talk to the other moms.

About 4:15, they had another restbreak and I decided it was time to go! I couldn't believe we had swam for almost 3 hours. I barely saw Megan the entire time!

We went and changed and pulled out of the parking lot at 4:45! We will definitely be going next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment