Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Who wants to clean??

I have two stories here about cleaning in the last 24 hours at my house.

1.  Last night I had piano lessons and during school yesterday, Christian decided to dump out the entire bucket of legos. Usually this would be fine, but when I have piano lessons, I like them all cleaned up.

Guess who did not want to clean them up?? Christian!! I worked with him to clean them up before lessons. I had him in time-out and I even vaccumed them up! (I thought this is what Matt would do AND I told Courtney I would dig them out of the vacuum cleaner.) These didn't work. He kept saying, "Courtney needs to help me." I kept responding, "Courtney didn't dump them out!!"

When piano lessons started, there were still half of them still on the floor.

After lessons, I let Matt take over.  Christian didn't want to pick them up for him either.  Matt informed me that I should have gotten a trash bag out and thrown them away.  He said vacuuming them up isn't good for the vacuum cleaner, oh well!! anyway, Christian would pick up a few and say, "You help me." Matt said, "If I help you, I'm going to throw them away." Christian did not want this, but he did it anyway.  Matt went and got a trash can and as he picked them up, he put them in the trash bag!! Christian screamed at him and tried to dump the trash can over. He was having a complete fit! Every once in awhile, matt would take the trash can out to the garage and pretend he was dumping the legos into the dumpsters.  (He was really dumping them into a play dump truck.)

Eventually between Christian, Matt, and the enticement of going to Hobbytown with Matt, they all got picked up.  Needless to say, half of them were either in the vacuum cleaner or in the trash can- according to Christian!

Afterwards, Matt told Christian that he was being too naughty to go to Hobbytown and that he was going to have to stay home. This didn't go over well either! Then Matt started questioning him about what he did wrong and eventually, Christian apologized and he go to go to the train store. 

Hopefully he learned his lesson!!

2.  One of my goals today is to get the playroom and the girls' bedroom clean.  We are having some friends over to play tomorrow and it needs to be done today!  The playroom had already been closed for the last week because we couldn't see the floor again.

I thought we could clean after school today, but by the time I got done with Courtney's lessons, it was only 11:30! This was about half an hour earlier than usual. She had given me quite trouble during school , I got the "I want to go to public school" and "This is tooooo hard!" plus some tears, so I wasn't happy with her already.  She said one of her stories in her reader was too sad and refused to read for awhile!  I was afraid that if I mentioned cleaning the playroom, I would put her into complete revolt!

But quite the opposite happened! Courtney went from mad and crying to happy! What?? She went right upstairs, turned on some music, and cleaned the entire room in 20 minutes!! Singing and dancing and cleaning!!

 Maybe we should do school while we are singing, dancing, and cleaning!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like the Bag Lady (man) made a repeat showing....this kind of made me smile as I relived some very vivid memories....way to handle it...you are great parents! Its when the going gets rough, they usually learn the most! So thankful these kids have such great parents!!! Grandma Lu

    ReplyDelete