Friday, January 10, 2014

Finishg some books!

I love finishing books and so does Courtney! Today she finished her first reader in her first grade reading curriculum. It was "I Can Read It" book 1 and she  also finished her second math workbook  (There are five workbooks in all) We started her new math workbook today and we will start the "I Can Read it" book 2 on Monday.  These both are pretty easy for her.

She has seven lessons left in her first grade phonics book.  We started this at the beginning of her kindergarten year, I knew it would take about a year and a half to get through.  We are going to start the next series in a couple of weeks.  I am totally impressed with this phonics program! (Rod and Staff, by the way)

I don't plan on her finishing her math program this year either, it will probably take us halfway into the next year. It's ok though, it's the joy of homeschooling. :)

When we finished her math book today, she looked at me and said, "Can I have a piece of candy?"

I said, "What for??"

"Because I finished my math book!" HAHA! I should get a piece of candy for teaching her the book!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment