Monday, January 20, 2014

Monday!

First of all,  two quotes from Courtney today. "School is annoying!!" and "Who invented homework??"

I will say though that I have started doing her math in the morning along with her Language Arts, I thought switching a few things around might help the attitude and it did! We have been working on regrouping while adding the last couple of lessons and I think she has it! She also made up a game today to play during math time. It is a version of "Go Fish", we played it for awhile and it actually worked! She was laughing and smiling the whole time, so apparently I need to add more games!

Keeping Christian occupied is another challenge of mine. I have read many other homeschooling blogs/ comments on Facebook lately and many say that I should find something to keep him busy. I should set him up with paint, crayons, block basket, or even let him part take in school with us! HA! This boy cannot focus on something for more than two minutes. Many times he will join me on my lap while we discuss science, but he's usually all over the place and I have to put him down, which makes him mad. But it is very distracting to the girls and to myself while we are trying to learn.

I have tried to give him paints, but this doesn't work, he has gotten out the play-doh lately, but he doesn't play with it! He gets it all out, gets distracted, and leaves the mess on the table! sometimes he wants to get something to eat, but that also interrupts us. He has tons of toys around the house and he used to be so good at playing with them. I'm not sure if he just wants some attention because I'm with the girls, but I really wish he would go occupy himself while we are busy.  When I am done and the girls are free, he is great because he has somebody to play with! I may need to find a new strategy with the three year old or find some time during the day to sit down and read him a book or two.


No comments:

Post a Comment