Friday, January 3, 2014

Last Day of vacation!

This is the last day that my children can wake up and not go to school. We are starting back on Monday and then it is full force ahead until the end of May!!

I looked at our school books today and kind of miss school. There are a few things I want to change, add, or do differently and I need to get that figured out before Monday.

1. I might do something different for Bible class. Megan was given a deck of flashcards of different people groups that do not have the Bible in their own language yet. I found some lesson plans that go along with this set of cards and may do that instead of our Bible curriculum.
2. I need some math games to play with Courtney. Flashcards every day is a little too redundant!
3. I want to add some music lessons, not just singing, but actually learning about notes and rests.
4. Megan finally finished her handwriting book before Christmas, so we need to teach her how to type now.
5. I also want to add some more reading with Courtney. She is not one to just pick up a book and read like Megan, so I might need to force her to read some more. I want to find something fun for her.
6. I am also working to try to get some service opportunities set up once a month for the kids at a local retirement home. This is something I have always wanted to do with the kids.

The girls have decided that they are going to take drama at the Homeschool Learning Center this semester, which I think will be great! Courtney is our little drama queen around here and Megan is taking it because she didn't see a better option. Neither one could decide what to take, so I forced them to make a decision.  This class is at 10 am on Wednesdays, this is at a time when NONE of our friends will be at the learning center, maybe I will make some new friends too. :)  My plan is to go to our class at 10 and then hit the library at 11 and be home in time for lunch. We would then have school in the afternoon.

Megan is going to continue to have ballet class on Thursday at 1:30, but this doesn't start until the third week of January.

Megan also has the option of continuing on with her Greek from last semester. Even though it won't be officially through the learning center, the teacher has offered to meet once a week at the library for a small fee. Megan is still trying to decide!

I am anxious to get started again!!! (Actually I think I am anxious to get back on a regular schedule!)

No comments:

Post a Comment