Friday, January 31, 2014

Have the doctors have been wrong!!

I have been reading a lot of books and articles lately about this topic.

http://www.tunedbody.com/heart-surgeon-declares-really-causes-heart-illness/

What really causes heart disease and diabetes??

For many years, we have been told to eat low fat, high carbohydrates diet and as this doctor in this article said, it's not working!!!

What is the main problem?? too many Carborhydrates!

Carbohydrates convert to sugar once inside our bodies and since we are getting an abundance of them, the excess are actually causing the inflammation in the arteries that leads to high cholesterol (cholesterol is actually a good thing! Cholesterol is like a Band-Aid to help heal the inflammation! High cholesterol = lots of inflammation,  Get rid of inflammation = get rid of abundance of cholesterol!!) Doctors are finally realizing this!!

What do we do about it?

Get rid or at least lower our intake of carbohydrates and up our fat intake!

Ok, so these two books could explain it better! I have read them both a couple of times and the material is just fascinating!!!

Wheat Belly

http://www.amazon.com/Wheat-Belly-Lose-Weight-Health/dp/1609611543/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1391194046&sr=8-1&keywords=wheat+belly

Grain Brain

http://www.amazon.com/Grain-Brain-Surprising-Sugar--Your-Killers/dp/031623480X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1391194097&sr=8-1&keywords=grain+brain

I am glad I was made aware of this a couple of years ago when Courtney and I had built up intolerances to gluten. It made me become more aware of the problem in our society. After doing much reading on the topic, I only let my kids have one wheat product a day. (I would really like to get that down to one wheat product every other day or less!!) I am gluten-free, but I definitely eat my share of carbohydrates and sugar.

It is something all of us need to be aware of and we really are what we eat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment