Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Going out on a limb...

Ok, I am going to express my opinion on this post.

Don't shoot me down, but this has also bothered me for years.  Yes, the phrase "As long as it is healthy."  How many times have you heard it or even said it to someone who was pregnant?

I think when I was pregnant with Christian, I would respond, "Even if it's not healthy, I still want it." 

What if I had a baby that was not healthy? Yes, it would be heartbreaking and very hard, BUT aren't all things given for a reason? Isn't God ultimately in control of everything?  Doesn't He have a plan for our lives??  Are you going to give it back if it's not healthy?? (That is always my first thought when I hear the phrase!)

I take a different slant than this author, but I think we are on the same page when it comes to that phrase.

http://liferearranged.com/2014/01/why-it-matters-when-we-rub-our-bellies-and-say-so-long-as-its-healthy/

1 comment: