Monday, January 20, 2014

Books!

One thing that Megan and I have in common is that we both LOVE to read! When we go to the library, Megan just doesn't borrow 1 or 2 books, but about 20! This usually lasts her a couple of weeks.  We are at the library weekly just to keep her stocked up on books!

This picture reminded me of her. Of course, I stole it off of Facebook. :)

I am the same way! I check out between 5-10 at the library at a time. I don't always get through them all, but I at least skim them! Megan also has been giving me her books lately that she has already read. "Mom, read this one, it's REALLY good!" And I usually do! At the moment, I two piles of books lately sitting beside my bed! My books and Megan's books!

Lately I just feel like I am soaking up any information I can get my hands on! We just finished the Civil War in history for homeschooling and I learned A LOT! (Really, I was a history major in college and I didn't learn NEAR as much as I am homeschooling my elementary aged children!!) When we were at the library last week, I checked out 4-5 books on Reconstruction. I haven't quite got through them yet!

Last night I spent quite awhile on the Internet learning about Martin Luther King Jr. and how the Civil Rights Movement came about in the 1960's. I had always wondered why the African Americans got their rights after the Civil War but there was still rampant discrimination in the 1960's. I figured it out! I also wanted to be prepared to teach it to the girls today.

I am always eager to learn something new and I have noticed that in my children too.  I love it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment