Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Update on Christian's elbow

We got a phone call about 6 pm tonight from a nurse at Children's Urgent Care.  They said that they heard back from the radiologist and he could neither confirm or deny that Christian's elbow was broken. :(  He said there was too much swelling to tell either way. The nurse then asked me if he was wearing a sling today and I said that he was not. I got it out of "Megan's broken arm box" from the attic, but he refused to wear it and he is a very strong-willed child.  I told her that he was a lot better today though, but I could tell if he put any pressure on it, he still winced a little bit.  It is also still swollen tonight.

She gave me two options.  The first option was that if he wore the sling, we could wait until Friday to check in with an orthopedic doctor.  If he continued to refuse to wear it, she wanted me to call the orthopedic doctor right away tomorrow morning and get him in. She said we need to treat it as if it was fractured until we know for sure that it is not.

I think we are going to wait until tomorrow and see what happens. Matt did get the sling on him tonight and now he doesn't want to take it off!!

No comments:

Post a Comment