Sunday, July 19, 2015

Bedroom solutions?

We have had an ongoing discussion this weekend about bedrooms.  We will have three bedrooms and four children. Who gets to go where and how much furniture do we want to move??

We have a few options.

Solution #1: My favorite option:
1.  Put baby in Christian's room, which is right beside my bedroom and at the top of the stairs. 
Put Christian into Megan and Courtney's current bedroom along with all the toys in the house (his trains, cars, Legos) along with fish tank and bookshelves. Since this is the biggest bedroom, I thought this would make a great playroom/bedroom, especially since the girls don't really play with toys anymore.

Move Courtney and Megan's beds and dressers into the current playroom.  This room would have nothing in it except their beds and dressers (all toys and bookshelves would be moved to Christian's big room).  Courtney could keep her table by the window and we could keep the art supplies in there too.

Matt sees a few problems with my solution:
1. He will have to move every bed and dresser in the house.
2. He doesn't think the current playroom is big enough for two twin beds and the girls' dressers. I told him we will definitely need to measure before we start moving things.

Solution #2: Matt's idea:
1.  Put baby in current playroom and keep everybody else where they are.

My problem with this solution:
1. I don't want to walk all the way around the banister and back to that bedroom whenever I need something from the baby's room or even getting the baby up from a nap. Oh, and who will get up with the baby in the middle of the night and will have to walk all the way across the house? Yep, ME!
2.  Where are we going to put all the things that are in that bedroom now?? I agree that we can get rid of some toys, but what about the extra dresser and two big bookshelves? Every solution he gives me will not work.

Solution #3: Christian's favorite
1.  Keep Christian's bed and dresser in his current bedroom and add crib, dresser, and glider into that room. The baby's dresser is already in there.  We would move all Christian's toys to the playroom and leave the girls where they are.

My problems with this solution:
1. I don't think there is enough room in Christian's bedroom for all that furniture. If we did this, we would definitely need to get creative.
2. I think baby will need his own room for awhile.
3. Where are all Christian's toys and Legos going to go? Again, we can get rid of some toys in the playroom, but will I need more space?? We would need to move extra dresser and bookshelves somewhere, but again, where?

I told Matt this morning that I would like a solution picked out by the time school starts around August 10th. We are getting new windows in Christian's and the playroom at that time, so that would be a great time to clean them all out, get them painted, and get new window coverings.  I would like to let the kids pick out their paint and curtains and I need to know who is going where by that time!

Once school starts, I am going to be focused on that and not necessarily getting the rooms set up. I would at least like to get things started before that time!


No comments:

Post a Comment