Sunday, July 26, 2015

Starting to go through the playroom!

I know we will have to do some switching around of rooms soon, even though Matt and I have not decided on the best plan yet! Since we have been stuck at home with Christian's hurt elbow, I decided to start cleaning out the playroom.  There are so many things our kids do not play with!!

I went through the toy box, barbies, polly pockets, kitchen stuff, and closet already.  My theory is that I don't want to keep girl toys around when we don't have any young girls who play with these things anymore. I also don't just want to keep the stuff for when little girls come and visit either. I definitely want to keep the barbies, polly pockets, and kitchen food, but besides that, I think we should sell/ give away the other items. 

My first thought was to take pictures of items and put them on my facebook page to sell, but after I thought about it, I didn't like that idea so much.  My second thought was to sell them at a local consignment store here in Omaha. Sometimes I hear that they pay well, other times I hear that they do not.  My third idea was to sell the items at a consignment sale here in Omaha.  I found one that took place in two weeks, but logistically, I don't think it is going to work out.  I think my final plan is to sell what I can at a local consignment store and then maybe sell the rest on a local facebook site.  I am also going to donate some things to the Open Door Mission and to Matt's aunt for little girls who come over to visit. :)

I am hoping to make a trip over to the consignment store tomorrow with some winter clothes and some items I am willing to part with.  I want to see how much they pay first before I take a lot over there! I told the girls that if it is their toys, then they can keep the money. Matt said it has to go in their savings account though!

I also have a big pile of books that I need to take to Half Price Books stores and sell.  I know I won't get much for them and will probably end up in the recycle bin, but honestly, I need to get them out of my house.

Isn't it interesting how adding one little human being to the family makes me want to shift everything around and totally redo things??

No comments:

Post a Comment