Friday, July 24, 2015

Last day of math for Courtney!!

Courtney was pretty excited today, she finished her LAST lesson in her math book. After 170 lessons, we are FINISHED with 3rd grade math!

 
 
She knows all her multiplication and division facts, start of long division, longer multiplication, fractions, time, money, measurements, and many other skills.
 
I have really loved this math program and we are going to start on grade 4 math really soon!
 
Megan still has 10 lessons left. We are almost there! She has a review on Monday and I will probably let her take the test then too.  She then has one review chapter. Many people have told me I should just skip the review chapter because 6th grade math will review the first chapter or two. I pulled out the 6th grade math book and they do not review! They just jump right in with new concepts, so we are going to do the review chapter!
 
I am planning to start school on August 10th.  That is when our local elementary school goes back, and I like to stay on their schedule.  I also know that we are going to be taking a lot of time off in November and December, so the sooner we get started, the less behind I will be next summer.
 
I still want to enjoy summer in August, such as go swimming, so it will be a balancing act. I found out the other day that the pool at the gym will be open until the end of September, so we will see how long we stay members and how we will deal with school and still enjoy being outside.
 
I am looking forward to getting things going again!

No comments:

Post a Comment