Friday, July 17, 2015

Still finishing math!

Every morning that we are home, I try to get one more lesson done in math.  Megan has 15 lessons left and Courtney has five! We are soooo close!  We don't get any math done when we have classes at the gym on Tuesday or Wednesday mornings. Those are done in a week, so we should be able to finish up pretty quickly.

We have gotten into a good schedule when we do have time for math.  I go over Megan's lesson first, then I send her upstairs to do her homework.  I then go over Courtney's lesson and send her off to do her homework. Finally, I sit down with Christian!  I have found that all he wants to do is play, so we have negotiated.  My deal is that he has to do some school first (some structured activity) and then we can play.  It doesn't matter what, I just want him to focus on something for at least ten minutes!  Today we read two library books about tunnels and watched videos on tunnel borers. I found them quite interesting!

 After we are done learning, then I will play with him.  I want to do something with him everyday this school year, so I think if we start this now, he will be in the habit of it by fall time. I have found a couple websites with free preschool curriculum that look doable, so I think we are going to start those in August when the girls go back too.

I am adding a 3rd kid to school this year plus having a baby. Every year is different!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment