Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Article on Elementary Age Boys!

I saw this article and thought of Christian! He is five, so I included him in this "elementary stage." This article talks about items that parents should do for elementary age boys to get them ready for their teenage years. I thought it was very interesting because they are things that Matt and I work with him on a DAILY basis, such as saying "no" and letting him talk our ears off. :) Another one I am always working on with him is keeping close, such as close to me in a parking lot, so he doesn't get hit by a car. (I believe this article refers to keeping him close as in keeping him close to home and training him with your values and morals.)  Matt is also starting to put him to work around this house, this article says it trains young men for adulthood and providing for their family.

http://monicaswanson.com/boy-needs-grow-well/

I have never seen an article quite like it and wanted to keep it and remind myself that we are on the right track with him! It was encouraging!

No comments:

Post a Comment