Friday, July 24, 2015

No News from new x-ray. :(

I took Christian in to get another set of x-rays today and about three hours later, I got the results from the nurse at our pediatricians office  She said that the note from the doctor read, "Fluid on elbow, suspect a fracture, go see an orthopedic doctor."  That was it.  Seriously?? And how much did that cost me?? Talk about frustrating!!

So I spent the next half an hour trying to find an orthopedic doctor (yes, some people think I should just wait it out and think Christian is just fine, but when I keep hearing "suspect a fracture," it makes me want to figure this out and honestly, we are going to meet our deductible this year, so why not make sure it isn't broke??)

I first called the orthopedic doctor that fixed Megan's broken elbow seven years ago.  Unfortunately, he is booked solid for the next three weeks. His partners are on vacation, so he is picking up all their patients.  I then called my pediatrician back and got some more recommendations.  I ended up getting him in on Monday afternoon at a pediatric orthopedic doctor at Children's Hospital. I know one thing though, I don't want to take any more x-rays until the swelling goes down! It is not only costing us money, but it is also exposing my little guy to radiation.  I am sure we will discuss this Monday at the consultation.

He is keeping his arm in a sling, which is good, but he still uses like he usually would! We could probably be better about icing his elbow and giving him Advil. Honestly though, his arm does not hurt and the receptionist at Children's said to give it to him on a "as needs" basis. I am sure it would help the swelling though.

I am anxious to get this figured out. I miss going to the pool every day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment