Monday, July 6, 2015

Home again, home again!

After camping the last five days, I am excited to be home and stay home for awhile!

Things got to be a little late last night and we didn't get home until 10 pm! We had some friends come out about 2 pm and I promised my kids s'mores by the campfire, so we stuck around longer than usual.  I brought the kids home around 10 and Matt pulled in about 10:30 pm with the camper! It was a late night!!

A late night equaled a late morning, and none of my kids woke up until about 9:15, which is late for them.  I told them my only goals today was for them to take a shower and get the lake germs off of them and to get a math lesson done.  Goals were accomplished! We also had to start unpacking the camper, again! I didn't start that until about 4 pm this afternoon. I wanted to get some things in the house organized before I started bringing things in.  I got the dishes done, fridge and freezer cleaned out and reorganized, and the pantry rearranged.  I also needed some extra hands to help brings things in from the camper, so I wanted to wait until Matt got home for the heavy things, like the basket full of dirty laundry!

We don't have any plans to go anywhere for four weeks.That is a long time for us. I feel like we have been travelling non-stop for the last month and we kind of have been. :)  We have had some great trips and made a lot of memories. We are probably done travelling long distance for awhile until we find a new vehicle. I think Matt is still trying to figure out what will work for us and doing some research.

We are supposed to get new windows in July, so that will be another huge project around here. We are getting six new windows, but while they are getting changed, I would love to get rid of the old shades and replace them with curtains and paint some bedrooms.  We also need to reshuffle a few things to make room for baby coming in four months.  Once school starts, I may not have much time to get this kind of stuff done.  My goal is to start around the same time Millard Public School does, which is around August 10th.  Megan has 21 lessons of 5th grade math and Courtney has 9 lessons left and then everything will be done for this last year.  Matt promised them that he would take them to the Amazing Pizza Machine once everything is done, so we may do that one night and start the next school year the next day.  It will all work out!

No comments:

Post a Comment