Thursday, April 17, 2014

New Allergy Tests Results!

For awhile now, I have been having some of my old adrenal fatigue symptoms, so I went in and talked to my doctor and decided I should redo my food allergy test.  I got the results back yesterday and it was very interesting!! And yes, I found out why my symptoms were coming back!

First for the good news, I can get back on cow's milk, chicken, and eggs!!! Hip hip hooray! My body has healed and my numbers went down! Pretty excited! I can also get back on garlic, but I have been eating that for awhile without any trouble!

Now for the bad new. My yeast number was super high!! This means that I am intolerant to yeast, but the crazy thing is that I have not eaten any "yeast" in about two years. I don't eat any bread and or anything with "yeast" in it, or so I thought! Lo and behold, there is more to yeast than just "yeast." I found out yesterday that fruits, vinegar (ketchup, mustard), soy sauce, citric acid, sugar, etc. all FEED the yeast in my body and since I have been eating all those food items, I am making my yeast worse! So now am I just not off of "yeast" like before, but I need to cut all these other foods out of my diet!! A few of the foods on my test came up just because of this issue, such as mustard and peanuts.

My other bad news was gluten. Again, I have not had any gluten or wheat for almost two years, but yet gluten, wheat, bran, and malt all came up. My doctor was stumped! She said, "You are obviously getting gluten and wheat from somewhere, but where???" I am very strict about not eating gluten or wheat! The only thing we could think of that it is in breakfast cereals. I rotate between rice krispies, rice chex, and oatmeal.  I know that rice krispies contains malt and none of them are specifically labeled "gluten-free." I also eat oatmeal that is not "gluten-free", I guess until this time I have not been worried about cross-contamination from the factory.  I couldn't think of any place I could be getting it, but apparently I am extra sensitive to gluten, wheat, bran, and malt!!

My doctor also told me to check what I was putting ON my body, such as lotions, shampoo, make up and facial wash. She said these products often contain gluten too!

My other one food item that I cannot have is my chocolate chips made out of cocoa! They appeared on both food lists, so I can't have those anymore. :(  But I knew these were bothering me. But on the good side, I can get back on milk, so I can go back to milk chocolate chips!!!

So I need to fix my diet up again! I may need to put a list on my pantry of "what I can eat" and "what I cannot eat."

No comments:

Post a Comment