Saturday, April 5, 2014

Banana Muffins!

I have found one banana muffin recipe that is a complete success every time I make them! I thought it would be fun to put here the original recipe out of the cookbook and then the one I remade! I made these yesterday and again, they turned out wonderful!

Original recipe:
1 1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup margarine
2 eggs
1/2  tsp. salt
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup milk
2-3 ripe bananas

Mix all together, bake at 375 degrees for 12-15 minutes.

****New recipe, which is gluten-free, egg-free, and dairy-free (and less sugar!)

1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup softened coconut oil (or gluten free margarine)
Eggs- I use flaxseed (2 TBS + 6 TBS water, mix and let sit about 5 minutes before adding to mix)
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups gluten-free flour *
1/2 tsp. xanthan gum
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking power
1/2 cup rice milk (you could probably use any dairy-free milk)
2-3 ripe bananas

Mix all together, baking at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes!
(I sometimes like to use my "baby muffin" pan for these, then it only needs about 10-15 minutes to cook.)

Comes out perfect every time!!!

* gluten free flour- I combine 1 cup of brown rice flour, 1 cup coconut flour, 1 cup sorghum flour, and 1 cup tapioca starch and mix it together really well. I put the leftover flour in my fridge.

 You could also use any combination of gluten free flours, but I like this combination. :) I would suggest that you do not use only rice flour- it is really gritty!

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment