Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter morning!

Here is my Easter morning so far!

1. Wake up at 8:30 after Christian and Megan come into my room saying they want to go downstairs to see what the Easter bunny has brought them!

2. Pull myself out of bed and go downstairs with them, go to the basement to get Courtney so we could all look together.

3.  Christian is THRILLED with his new lego digger and a new Cars search and find book, Megan loves her new tiger lego set and her new history book, but Courtney was not so happy as I thought she would be.  Courtney really wanted the penguin lego set, but the Easter bunny couldn't find it anywhere for a decent price (or they were sold out), so she got a lego turtle set. She also got a Mercy Me CD with her favorite song "Shake." I thought she would be happy, but didn't quite have that smile on her face like I was expecting. I kept asking her if she was happy and she kept saying, "yes."

4.  A little while later, I was building Christian's lego digger and Courtney out of the blue says with tears in her eyes, "Can you take it back??" I said, "What?" She repeated it again, but now she is crying pretty bad. I asked her what was wrong and she said she REALLY wanted the penguin set, not the turtle one. I gave her a great big hug and said that the penguin one was sold out and we can go get it for her soon.  I told her to go ahead and play with her turtle, since she had already opened it, and we could look online for the penguin later! This seemed to make her feel better and she went back and played with her new set.

5.  I also thought that since it was Easter, I would make us a nice breakfast. My doctor told me to really wait until after Easter to start eating differently, so I thought I would go all out today! I made bacon, pancakes, and orange juice. All of these will be a no, no tomorrow. :(  The bacon cooked great, but I decided to make gluten free banana pancakes, I have made these before and they were a little gooey inside, so I thought I would just cook them long today.  Well, after cooking about 20 minutes, they were still gooey inside and I had to throw them all away!!! UGH!!! So instead, I made eggs for three kids, I made myself oatmeal (another no, no tomorrow), and Megan just had bacon.

6.  Oh, and I thought we were really going to get to church at 10! HA! Now we have to go at 11:30, which means we should get going here! There will probably be some arguments about clothes this morning and what we are doing on our free afternoon here, but oh well!

Is this how my whole day is going to go??

No comments:

Post a Comment