Saturday, April 12, 2014

Field Trip!

Yesterday we did something that we have not done for a long time. We went on a field trip!

We headed down to the International Horse Show! This even has been in Omaha the last four years and I saw that it was coming again, so I planned a field trip!

They had a free horse exposition plus amateur horse jumping competitions every two hours.

We got our school work done in the morning and then we met two other friends there shortly after lunch.  Between us 3 moms, we had 11 kids (one mom does daycare, so she had 4 extra!)  The kids were all very well behaved!!

We watched the horse jumping competition at 1, went through the exposition from about 1:30-2:30, and then headed back to the arena to watch another horse jumping competition at 3.  We were done about 4 and headed home.

It was a such a nice day out with friends!!! I can't believe we haven't' done a field trip in so long, but with dance on Thursday afternoons and Learning Center on Wednesdays morning, I need my other time to get school done.  If I plan ahead, like I did this week, then I can get things done and we can go have some fun!

I need to plan another field trip in the near future!!

No comments:

Post a Comment