Monday, July 2, 2012

Rest of Summer

I looked at the calendar yesterday and we have the rest of our summer booked!

Week of July 2nd- Swimming lessons
4th of July- of course, go see some fireworks!
Saturday, July 7th- Two weddings

Week of July 9th- Swimming Lessons

July 15th- Speaker at church.  A husband/ wife missionary team are back from the Phillipines and we are going to go to their presentation.  I really want Megan to go since our last book from 2nd grade was about a missionary in the Phillipines.
Week of July 16th- various library events, but nothing week-long
July 20th- Women's Event at church

Week of July 23rd- Megan wants to take dance camp with her old dance teacher.
Week of July 30th- Homeschool conference on the 3rd and 4th, Dodge County Fair that same weekend

Week of August 6th- Courtney wants to take a bug camp at a local community center, we are first on the waiting list. We have Courtney's kindergarten physical scheduled this week, she is already crying over the fact that she has to get some shots. (PS we got a call today and she is registered for bug camp!)
Week of August 13th- Courtney's birthday is on Tuesday, so I think we will do her party on the 12th.

Week of August 20th - I think we are going to go on vacation this week!! We are thinking about heading north and seeing some of Laura Ingall Wilder's homes, maybe heading up to Minneapolis/ Great Lakes Area, and maybe Adventureland in Des Moines.
Saturday August 24th- wedding reception
Week of August 26th- Should we start school here at the Ruwe house?? Or recover from vacation??

The next weekend is Labor Day and summer is over!!
I really wanted to start school a couple of weeks before Labor Day this year.  Last year, I started one week before and we didn't end up getting done until the end of May. If I start earlier, we can get done earlier. :)  But of course, my girls already seem a little bored with summer and were begging to start school the other day! I'm actually enjoying my time off. I have time to get laundry done, clean up, and get other things done!  What am I going to do in the fall??


No comments:

Post a Comment