Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Inspiration

We have gotten a little lax with chores this summer.  The playroom has been closed for over a week and the girls don't seem to care.  Courtney doesn't really care about earning money and doesn't do her chores, Megan does her chores, like feeding the dog and making her bed, but not cleaning her room or playroom.

I decided to do a little motivating this week.  I am scared that once school starts and we are out to time to do housework, everything will just fall apart and cause me stress!  I think that for this month yet before school starts, we need to get the girls back in the habit of doing chores (and me doing dishes every night!).

We cleaned the girls' bedroom really good last week and I told Courtney that if she kept it clean all week, we could go to the movie next Monday morning and I would buy her POP! Yes, pop is what it took to motivate her.  She is so excited and says she is going to clean it everyday and she has!  She says she doesn't care about money, it's pop!

Then of course Megan asks, "Do I get pop too?"  Hmmm. I don't really need to motivate her like Courtney, but I definitely want to do something for her.  I need to think about that one.

Why didn't I think of pop earlier?? I just can't do pop every week, but it might work to just get her into the habit of cleaning her room and making her bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment