Saturday, July 14, 2012

Courtney's ant friends

Courtney loves it that we have ants in our house, she calls them her little friends. Yesterday, she had at least five crawling on her arm (she put them there!).  I was vacuuming them again yesterday and she always has to "save just one!"

Last night, Matt went to walmart and got some ant traps/ bait. They look like little houses and they are filled with poison that the ants take back to their nest.

Today I put one by our new set of ants crawling around and I said, "Come on ants, come to your new home!"

Courtney said, "Is that their new home? Are you going to let them live??" She had a huge smile on her face.

"Yep, sure thing Courtney!!"
_____________________________________________________________________

I went over this morning and wanted to make sure our ant friends were finding thier new home. While I was looking at them, I noticed there was some crumbs on the floor. I had vacuumed last night, so I knew they weren't there then. I said, "Why are there crumbs on the floor??"  I looked at Courtney and she just smiled. Then it dawned on me, "Courtney, did you put them there?"

She said, "Yes, I don't want them to die!"
_______________________________________________________________________

About 1:30 this afternoon, somebody from Rove Pest Cotrol rang our doorbell. They always want to spray our house for bugs and we  have never hired them. Matt and I grew up on a farm, just kill the bugs! Anyway, I was standing there telling him that we do have silverfish in our house (because they nest in the wooden shingles) and also that we have ants right now.  He said, "I can take care of those for you, get rid of them right from the source." You know this was music to my ears.

He left and I came back inside and Courtney was by her mound of ants in our living room crying. "He's not going to kill them, is he?" I told her that he wasn't going to do anything to her ants. Apparently she had caught onto what we were talking about.

Then I asked her, "Do they like their new house? Are they all going in it??"
______________________________________________________________________
July 15th- Courtney told me, "Mom, there are a lot of ants over here, we better get them a house too."

No comments:

Post a Comment