Wednesday, July 11, 2012

How many pairs of goggles do we need?

Since the two older girls are enrolled in swimming lessons, we needed to get them situated with goggles.  We are doing a different program this year and they are required to have them. 

Megan is very responsible with her goggles and takes good care of them. They are always in her swim bag and where they are supposed to be.

Courtney, on the other hand, has quite the story.
Monday- She had a purple pair in her bag, she took them to lessons, wore them, got home, and they were gone.

Tuesday- She borrowed a yellow pair from the pool for lessons.

Thursday- She couldn't find the same pair she borrowed from Tuesday, so I opened a new pair that the teacher had brought. Except they were not for younger kids, they were for older kids, so between her teacher and I, I think we spent half the lesson trying to get them to fit on her face. They never did work well! I gave them back at the end of class.

Friday- I stopped at the Dollar Tree to get her a new, cheap pair. She wore these during lessons and they worked fine. They were really cheap and frustrating  because they kept coming apart.  I ended up tying a knot in them to keep them on her face.

Monday of this week- I picked up her goggles from the Dollar Tree and tried to tighten them but in the meantime, I broke them, so those went in the trash and now we are on pair #3.
On the way to lessons, we stopped at Target and got her a good pair and I bought a 3-pack!  They were Speedo goggles, so I knew they would not break.  She wore the pink pair for lessons.

Tuesday- Somehow the pink pair went missing- they probably joined her purple ones from last week. :)  So, I pull out an orange pair from her 3 pack I bought at Target.  (This is exactly why I bought a 3 pack!)

Wednesday- I already checked and her orange goggles are in her swim bag.  We'll see if she can keep track of these!

I teased her yesterday that her goggles were probably buried in the mess in her room somewhere or under her bed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment