Monday, July 9, 2012

Quotes by Courtney

1.  "I know why God gave me curly hair. It's because I am a mess-maker and my hair is always messy too!"

2.  I was vacuuming the living room and we seem to have a little ant problem going on in there. Of course, Courtney my animal rescuer was right there.  "Please mom, don't kill them! Let me save at least one!"  She picked one up an ant and let it crawl down her arm.  (Now, this is the girl that SCREAMED last year at any bug- we sure have came a long ways with her!!).
I thought she was going to break down in tears when I vacuumed the ants up. I told her that they would probably be alive inside the vacuum cleaner, they were joining their friends that I vacuumed up last week. :)  That made her feel better.

3.  "Courtney, what do the 50 stars on the American flag stand for?"
 Courtney- "The 50 countries!"
"What do the 13 stripes stand for?"
Courtney- "The 13 colonies!" (At least she got one right!)

4.  I told the girls that we are going to start every day of school with the Pledge of Allegiance.  I asked Courtney if she knew it and she did...partly. She said it for us and kind of made up her own words if she didn't know them.  I busted out laughing at her version! They must have said it in preschool this last year. If I get a chance, I am going to write her version down and put it on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment