Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Ten on Tuesday (or bright and early Wednesday morning!)

I know it's Wednesday morning at 6:30 am (yes, WHY am I up so early??) and I was going to do this yesterday, but didn't get to it.

10 randon thoughts on Tuesday
1. This last weekend we were gone camping at Mahoney. We were there with my brother and his kids, so my girls had somebody to play with the entire weekend, but the best part was staying Sunday night. We went around and gathered all the leftover firewood (thanks Shawn!) and made ourselves a fire. There were only 4 other campers left in our section and we sat outside by the fire by the longest time!! It was so quiet and peaceful! Megan was able to see the stars, unlike in Omaha. It was so hard to go to bed.

2. Matt went to Fremont last night to get a campsite for this upcoming Labor Day weekend. He got the very last campsite available! Seriously, it's Tuesday and the park is filled up. We have to pay 3 extra days to stay there for 3 days. It's not the best spot, but it will work. We need to get better about reserving campsites for next year.

3. This weekend is our only opportunity to get the jetski out for the summer. We'll see if that happens. Matt says if we don't use it, he might sell it.

4. We're still moving along on homeschooling. The last two days I haven't started "school" until about 4:30 pm! Yikes! We're still working at 6 pm, I need to get better at starting earlier!

5. Megan is still "getting bored" at school and after about 20 minutes, she doesn't want to sit anymore and I start to get "bad attitude." I need to figure out a plan. Matt says she just has to get used to it. We're still doing half day's worth of lessons, next week we're doing everything in one day. I'm going to try to do some in the morning and then finish in the afternoon.

6. Courtney has preschool orientation tomorrow for preschool. Oh how I want to keep her home, BUT I think preschool will do her a world of good! It will give me a chance to get some school done in the morning with Megan and let her build her confidence- a lot! She starts next Wednesday morning.

7. Last spring, I signed up for MOPS at a local church, but really, I don't want to do it this year. They don't provide childcare for Megan plus I don't really need the time to myself like I did last year. I have a very pricey gym membership. How do I bow out gracefully (and not lose too much money)??

8. Matt and I were talking the other night how everybody could make things easier for me around the house. I think everybody can pitch in and help clean the house up at the end of the day. With homeschooling, I'm going to be losing 3-4 hours a day that I would usually spend on the house. One daily chore that I need to do is dishes. Matt's theory- use paper plates! I hate paper plates, but it might an option. Honestly, I'm more worried about everything that is all over the floor and stuff that covers my island and counters by the end of the day. Where does all this stuff come from?

9. AWANA is starting next week! The girls are excited. Matt and I usually help. For the last two years, I have helped in Megan's program, which is Sparks, and Matt has helped with Courtney's, which is Cubbies. Well, I think we should switch this year. I need Megan to do something independently and I would like some time one-on-one with Courtney. Except the girls do not like this idea at all! I'm not sure what to do!

10. This is the end of my list. Christian is awake now, but my rule is that I don't get him until 7 am. The girls didn't go to sleep until 10:30 last night. Can I have at least 9 hours off??

No comments:

Post a Comment