Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Ok, I lied.

I admit it. I can't sit down to blog for anything! Between having to chase the baby everywhere and a house that is super messy from being gone all week, blogging is the last thing on my mind...except for right now! Plus I can't get the pictures downloaded for some reason.

Ok, since baby is good on my lap, here are some random thoughts from our vacation.

Things I appreciate about camping for a week
1. NO dishes!! We used paper the entire week except for a few dishes here and there, it was wonderful!!
2. The children had a limited amount of room to make a mess. Not a complete upstairs and downstairs like at home. It took about 5 minutes to clean! it was wonderful!
3. Everybody had to find thier own entertainment. They do this at home, but we usually turn the TV on in the evenings. When we were up in Okoboji at a state park, we couldn't get TV reception. (Ok, so we did end up renting a movie from Redbox for Matt and I), but the kids entertained themselves quite well. They often put a CD in that they brought along and they would dance in the camper. All 3 of them!
4. We did not need to worry about how much we ran the air conditioner or the water. Flat price no matter what!

Things I don't appreciate about camping for a week:
1. Tight Quarters. I think our camper is about as big as our kitchen and with 5 of us now, it can get tight at times. You are either stepping on someone or something.
2. Our table only sits 4, but by Thursday or so, we were putting 3 on one side (Matt, Megan, and Courtney) and Christian and I on the other. Otherwise, Christian was sitting in his chair on the couch or the floor. Poor thing wasn't really eating with us.
3. Limited amount for food. Yes, I think I took all the food we had in the kitchen, but still, when your bread rots in the pantry, you need to go to the store to buy another loaf. We also went through 2 1/2 gallons of milk during the week. Same principal. You run out, you go to the store to buy another gallon. I think we visited walmart 4 times during the week!
4. As for Christian, he did great! There wasn't much he could get into and he has yet to figure out the latch on the door, so we were pretty good most of the week. You could sit on the couch and see him at all times. Unlike at home, where he is pretty good, but you still have to go find him half the time.
5. With 5 people, laundry was a challenge. I had to wash clothes half way through the week or we would've been out of clothes! But of course, Christian has sensitive skin, so I debated whether to buy a big container of free and clear washer soap or just have him deal with it not being free and clear. Actually, we were just going to buy some Tide in the laundry room, but it was gone, but there was a little bottle of soap that somebody had left that I used (Is that technically stealing?), he was fine, so maybe he is over it?

Now to continue to unpack things and get them put away. But first, go feed the baby and get the girls snacks. It must be that time again!

No comments:

Post a Comment