Tuesday, August 23, 2011

She's going back to public school!

This is how I felt after we had our schooling session this morning. It was a disaster!

Yesterday I moved all Megan's books to the kitchen desk cupboard, so now we are going to school in the kitchen. We had just had breakfast and I thought it would be a great time to do school this morning.

I thought I would have Courtney work on her preschool books while I worked with Megan. After getting mad at me because she couldn't find her books, she did join us at the table. Note to self- next time when she sits with us, direct her to pages she can work herself. I felt like a tennis match, I would work with Megan, then back to Courtney, then back to Megan, then back to Courtney. Plus don't forget that whenever I am working with one, the other one interrupts. It did not go well!

Oh and don't forget Christian in the middle of all this. Mr. "I will only play by myself for 20 minutes and then I need to hang all over mommy because she's not giving ME any attention AT ALL!!"

Then there was Megan. The one who is SUPPOSED to be learning in the middle of all this. She tried, but after 25 minutes, she was bored. And out of her chair ready to go play.

I was ready to pull my hair out and say forget it all!

So then we went upstairs to take baths/ showers and that was a disaster too. I was about done with all three by 10 am!

Ok, so once I calmed down, things got better. This is why we are starting slow. To figure out what works and what doesn't.

When Matt got home, I talked to him about what happened. He says I should just put Christian in his pack n play while I am teaching Megan and he just has to get used to it. Crying or not. As for Courtney, I can give her something to do that she can do herself. Ok, we'll try it again tomorrow!

(And no, she's not going back to public school. 2nd semester maybe. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment