Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Success!

Today, I think we did it. We got through our homeschooling material without any fights, complaints, or tears from anybody!

We got out this morning and were home by 11:45. Christian fell asleep in the car, so I took his carseat up to his room to sleep. During that time, I got lunch ready. By 12:30 Christian was awake, but wasn't so upset today. Which is good comparing he only slept about 45 minutes.

Since he was happy when he woke up, I put him in his chair to eat and told Megan we were going to start with her schoolwork. She cooperated, Christian cooperated and we got stuff accomplished. Courtney ran upstairs to play by herself, so she had herself occupied. About an hour into it, I could tell she needed a break, so I called recess! The other two were begging to go outside, so we did. I let them all play for about 15 minutes then I had planned on taking Megan and Christian back inside to finish up school for the day.

Then it dawned on me, why don't we bring school outside and let the younger two continue to play? Who says we have to do it by the kitchen table? (But keeping the books and supplies in the kitchen has helped tremendously!) So I brought the books we were working on outside and finished up everything. It worked out great. Today was a success! Will tomorrow be one too?

No comments:

Post a Comment