Tuesday, August 2, 2011

My advice..

For the 2nd time in my life, I have went on trips right after my kids turned a year and were able to wean them on these trips. For the record, Christian is completely weaned! Yay! (As of Sunday night).

Right after Courtney turned one, we went to St. Louis. I remember that the last time I nursed her was on that trip.

I think I nursed Christian one more time after we got home this week.

I think we were down to two feedings when we left, but I didn't want to drop those at the same time, so I gave him a week or so and we were done. It is bittersweet, but personally I am feeling better. I feel that my hormones are levelling off and I am not so anxious about everything.

My advice, if you want to wean a kid, take him/ her out of their environment and they will forget about it.

I will say though that once we got home, he found his pillow in the living room, he brought it to me and wanted up on my lap. I just said, "Christian, we're done nursing. Mommy doesn't have any more milk. Where is your cup of milk?" Christian climbed off my lap and went and found his cup of milk. Easy as that! I love it when it's not a battle! I had Courtney bring the pillow upstairs tonight, so that is out of sight too.

No comments:

Post a Comment