Thursday, August 18, 2011

School

It is really wierd for me right now. Everybody is back in school, except for us. The neighborhood is so quiet, there is nobody else Megan's age at the gym, we're kind of in a lull until we meet some other homeschooling families. I had intended on starting school with her on September 6th. I know that's a couple of weeks away yet, but Courtney starts preschool September 7th and I thought we would all start together.

Tonight Megan says, "Mom, can we start school??" I asked her if she was kind of bored and she said yes. She only has her sister to play with and even though they play great together, I think she's ready to start learning again.

I told her we could start next Monday. I think it would do her some good to get going. Honestly, I am anxious to get started too. I want to teach again and I am looking forward to it. I think we are going to be doing a lot of our Bible and language arts in the afternoon when Courtney is around. She will definitely benefit from it and it would be a good reason to practice her verses everyday and work on her letters. Megan will have to do her math, spelling, and writing by herself, but the other subjects- health, science, reading, and handwriting- we can have Courtney right there with us too.

We are also deciding what extra-curricular activities we want to do. I have quite a variety to chose from.

We have already start art class at Aldrich at 9 am on Mondays.
Ballet class is Thursday from 4:15-5.
AWANA is Wednesday night from 6:45-8:15.

I would like to add swimming lessons in there. These would either be Tuesday or Wednesday nights from about 5-6 and I would like Megan to take a PE class somewhere. They offer homeschool PE classes at Prarie Life, but they meet at 1 pm. Right in the middle of naptime. They also offer recreational club classes in the evenings, which I don't really want anything else in the evening. I would also like to get Megan into a music class, but those meet 1-1:30 every Monday and Thursday at Aldrich. Again, right in the middle of nap time. There are almost too many options to chose from! (Honestly, Christian doesn't really nap anyway, so why am I worried??)

Let's don't forget preschool every MWF mornings for Courtney, MOMS Club, working out for myself at the gym, some homeschool support group, plus MOPS every other Friday.

It's going to be a crazy fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment