Tuesday, August 16, 2011

10 on Tuesday

Ok, so I haven't blogged in a couple of days. Why not through 10 things together on Tuesday?

(It is Tuesday, right?)

1. Matt and I are totally busted! We are only supposed to have our camper in our driveway for 4 days. It's been there over a week. We got a nice letter in the mail today reminding us of our covenance and how we need to move it. Yah, yah, we'll get there.

2. We also got busted for having too long of grass. Really, it may get long here and there, but seriously, it's not like it's a jungle out there. Do people have nothing else to do but complain about our grass??

3. Courtney's birthday is over, but she's still getting gifts. Grandma Mary brought her a polly pocket castle today, which her and Megan LOVE, and Grandma Lu took her shopping tonight for her build-a-bear. Her new bear has hearts all over it so she named it "Hearts." Original, right? Her other build-a-bear is MIA, so that one needs to be found soon so they can be friends.

4. We can certainly tell school has started. Megan has nobody around to play with. We are working on joining homeschool groups, but it might take awhile. I took the girls to the gym the other day and there were other homeschool girls there, but they didn't talk to them. My girls just sat on the side of the gym and told me how bored they were.

5. My house is still somewhat clean from Sunday. Yay!

6. Courtney had a great birthday party. She is officially 5! This is the first party that we did not rent table or chairs. We always rent them and they barely get used. We didn't have many people coming over, so we didn't get any. Of course, people were walking in circles looking for a chair to sit down! I had planned on people sitting outside, but nobody went out there. So much for my plan!

7. I just finished reading Megan "The Long Winter" by Laura Ingalls Wilder. I really love Little House on the Prarie books and would love to read them all! Megan and I read a couple of chapters everyday after lunch and at bedtime. We stopped and discussed concepts and even drew pictures if we needed to. I think she understood it quite well. I'm not sure what we are going to read now.

8. I took Courtney to get her pictures done for her birthday today and they turned out pretty cute! I always like taking my kids to get their pictures done, I always like new pictures on my walls! Tomorrow we're off to writing out thank-yous!

9. Courtney has her 5 year checkup tomorrow. I'm sure she will be fine. I was thinking about getting her two shots tomorrow. She will have to get 4 for kindergarten next year and if we did two this year, we could only do 2 next year. She says she wants to get two tomorrow, but when we get there, I'm sure she won't anymore.

10. I can't believe I haven't mentioned Christian in this entire post! It is so much fun watching him be a boy- I love his car noises! Everything is a car to him. Brooms, pan lids, toys. He pushes everything across the floor and makes vroom, vroom noises. Hilarious! Where do they get this from?? (Side Note, a lady dropped her 10 month old girl off at nursery the other day while we were working in the room and said,"You're going to have a hard time keeping up with her!" I just laughed thinking how it is hard to keep up with Christian! The funny thing is that she sat on Matt's lap the entire hour.)

Off to bed! Hopefully Christian will not be up for 2 1/2 hours like he was last night!

No comments:

Post a Comment