Monday, August 22, 2011

Trial Run

Today, I attempted to get through half of the first days assignments for homeschool.

I'm not saying that we achieved everything I wanted the way I wanted it, but we didn't fail either.
We got through everything I wanted, but it was kind of crazy.

Lessons I learned on day #1.
1. Three kids plus mommy in the playroom.
Ok, 3 kids plus mommy plus all toys in playroom.
We're going to homeschool on the kitchen table from now on! There is not enough room for us in there.

2. Courtney did really good. She did her own thing, only interrupted us a few times. I really thought she would scream for attention or want me to work with her, but she was great.

3. Christian was the problem!! He does not like it when you give anybody else your attention, and this included Megan today. He wouldn't play with any toys and all he wanted to do was climb on me. I finally had to quit teaching Megan to take care of him! Seriously! He wasn't really into everything, but just couldn't occupy himself.

4. Megan did great! She loved Bible class. We did math today and read in her reader. She also had quiet reading time while I was playing outside with Courtney and Christian. We started to read her history lesson, but got interruped. We need to do some read-alouds and language arts tomorrow. At the kitchen table! We did history at the kitchen table and Christian just seemed much happier because he had so much more room to run.

5. It might be a great idea to drop Courtney off for preschool and then come right home and do school with Megan. I would be down to 2 kids, so only Christian would need to entertain himself.
We'll see. I like going to the gym in the mornings because they have all their group and kids classes.
I need my social time too. :)

We'll try again tomorrow. I can't get so frustrated, it was just the first day!



No comments:

Post a Comment