Monday, August 2, 2010

Quite the sight at the store today

Today, I told the girls we had to get groceries and school supplies for Megan to start school next week. This involved taking all 3 kids to Walmart. Last time we went, things went well, so I thought I would try it again.

A couple of times ago, when I just took Christian, I put his carseat on the top of the cart and he was fussy the entire time (probably because of his reflux). Last time, I put Christian's carseat in the back of the cart, but then he got buried in groceries. I needed a new plan.

My new plan today was to get two carts. While I still have Megan home during the day and she's always begging to push the cart, I thought I would get one cart to put Christian in and another cart to put groceries in. So we did and it worked great! I put Christian's carseat in one cart, faced him forward so he could see everything, and put Megan in charge of him. I got another cart and filled it with groceries. We had a very pleasant trip. As long as she kept him moving, he was good.

As I said, we had to be quite the sight at the store today! It really helped to give Megan some responsibility, she took taking care of her brother very seriously and did very well (as long as she wasn't blocking the isle and driving into people)!

No comments:

Post a Comment