Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Making Progress Today

Today I decided that we are going to utilize Christian's own room since the desk is downstairs and there is room in there now. I put his swing in there and then I put him down for a nap at 9:15 this morning. He slept until 11:45!! Of course, he swung in his swing the entire time, but still, he didn't keep waking up every 10 minutes!

I just put him down again about 1:45, back in his room and back in his swing, we'll see how long he naps this time..

(This is a boy who cannot just lay down and go to sleep. He needs to be nursed or rocked to sleep. Once he is asleep, you cannot just lay him down in his bed. He will wake up almost immediately, but if you put him in a swing and let him swing, he will sleep. I know it's a bad habit to get into, but it sure helps me out. He sleeps fine in his bed at night, except when he wakes up, he thinks he has to nurse to get back to sleep. He needs to learn to soothe himself back to sleep. We'll keep working with him.)

No comments:

Post a Comment