Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Megan's last day of summer vacation- boy am I going to miss her!


Today is Megan's last day at home before school starts tomorrow.

Things we must accomplish today:

Find Megan some tennis shoes! We have been to a bunch of stores, but they are either too big, too small, or she just doesn't like them. I want to try to hit the mall today and if there's nothing at Penney's or Payless (where we've already been), she's going without!

I also want to do something fun for Megan. I've been thinking about this the last couple of days, but can't come up with anything out of the ordinary. She would be happy just to go to the mall and play! My mom is coming into town and said we could do lunch together. I even asked her where she would want to go for lunch and she doesn't know.

All I can say is that I am really going to miss having her around! She has been SUCH a big help these last two months with not only her sister, but with her brother! It might be worse sending her to first grade than it was to kindergarten last year! Whenever I needed something, she would always be the first to go get it. Even today, I asked her to go upstairs and get something and she went right off. There are certain things she can do that Courtney can't quite yet.

Many times we have been out in public and Courtney has had to go potty, Megan always says, "I'll take her!" which helps a ton! I am usually in the middle of something and Christian is with me.
Megan loves taking care of her sister! They have played together all summer and have really bonded (and fought a lot too). They are always running off together to go play, which has made it much easier to take care of Christian, especially since he's been fussy.

Megan also loves to help with her brother. She has this certain trick to getting him to sleep when I can't. One day I was just fighting him to go to sleep in his swing. I told Megan to come over and try to get him to sleep. She came over, turned his music on, pulled his cover over his head, and out he went! How did she do that?? Christian loves his big sister too! He is always smiling at her and following where she is going. Megan has a certain way of talking to him that always makes him smile. They have even started to interact. Megan will get out toys and shake them and have him follow her from side to side. I love it and so does she!

Besides taking Courtney potty when we're out, she also helps me out in other ways. For example, she helped push Christian in the grocery cart the other day and took her job very seriously! The other night when she was going to bed I told her how I am going to miss her help at the grocery store and she said, "Mom, you're just going to have to wait until I get home from school to go to the store." I asked her why and she said because she wants to push Christian around again!

A couple of weeks ago I told her that I am going to keep her home this year and homeschool her because I love having her around, but of course, I know she has to go back to school. She learned so much last year and really loves it! We went to open house last night and she got back into her classroom and found her desk. She saw all her old classmates, she has the same class and teacher this year again. It was wierd because when school got out last year, I was still pregnant with Christian and now I'm taking my new baby up there. Many people hadn't seen him yet and were all interested in him. Of course, I think it was fun for Megan to show her brother off!

It will certainly be interesting this year. I know Megan has to go back to school, but can't I just keep her home???

1 comment:

  1. Can't believe she starts tomorrow. Marie's first (half day) is next Friday and full day is the following Monday. I'm ready and she is very ready to get back to school. I need a routine again!

    ReplyDelete