Friday, August 6, 2010

The Joys of Motherhood

I was wondering this morning, can the joys of motherhood come at 5 pm instead of 5 am??

I was up 4 am this morning feeding Christian, which is fine. He is usually up at this time and he usually goes right back to sleep.

This morning was a little different. It took him awhile to get back to sleep and about 5, he starts his grunting. Seriously, can this boy just poop and get it done with? No, it takes him til about 6:30 to get his job done. And he's grunting almost this entire time, right beside me! (but sleeping, of course). So of course, I am half asleep/ half awake.

In the middle of all this (probably around 5:45-6), Miss Courtney decides that she doesn't want to sleep in her room anymore because there is a fly in there. I wake up to somebody tapping me on my arm. I look over and it is Courtney wanting to know if she can sleep in our room. I say fine and tell her to lay down on the floor. Well, the floor is too cold, so I give her a blanket to lay on. Not settled down yet, pretty soon she is up to go potty. I hear a thunk and a scream from her bathroom so I go running in there. Another fly! For the thousandth time, I tell her that flies will not hurt her! I put her back into our room on her makeshift bed. Pretty soon I hear, "Mom, there's a fly in here! Can I shut your door?" I told her no, but she could surely go back to her room and shut her door, so she did.

Being about 6:45, I don't think there's any way I was going back to sleep because Matt is ready to leave, the sun is coming up, Christian is awake because he has finally done his business and needs to eat, I'm starving and have a headache. I give in and get Christian up and get myself some breakfast and some advil!

To top it all off, when I picked Christian up to feed him and change him, he had pooped through his sleeper and onto his sheets. Lovely. Now I'm doing laundry at 7 am too.

I'm warning everybody, I might not be a happy later with lack of sleep.
(I didn't get to bed til 11 last night, so 5-6 hours of sleep for me!)

1 comment: