Saturday, August 14, 2010

Happy Birthday Courtney!!

On August 14th at 4:19 pm Courtney Grace Ruwe was born!!

After contracting on my own during the morning, I went to the doctor at 10 am because I had my week overdue appointment and ultrasound scheduled. My contractions had stopped. At the doctor, my midwife checked me and I was 4 cm. I was elated- I had to be induced with Megan, so to have a baby on my own was pretty exciting! She stripped my membranes and I went back home about noon.

By 2 pm, we were back into full labor and at Methodist Hospital. I labored for a couple of hours on my own (no pitocin required!!), got in the whirlpool, and at 4:19 Courtney was born!

Here I am having contractions at the hospital.

Our midwife Jenda, Charla, Courtney, and Matt

Megan meeting her baby sister for the first time, they are so lucky to have each other!!


Matt and his two girls!
Matt, Charla, and Courtney:

We love you Courtney, you make life fun!!


No comments:

Post a Comment