Friday, July 2, 2010

What would you do?

So, what would you do if your 3 year old refused to pick up her room?

I offered to help her, but I wanted her to help too, which she was refusing to do.

So, I gave her until I was done nursing Christian to get busy...and guess what she did? Had a fit instead.

So, I got 6 trash bags and picked up everything for her.

Wow, did that make her mad. I told I was not going to throw it all away, but put it away and she would need to earn it back. (Now how do I do that ??)

3 comments:

  1. oh courtney, she should of listen to mommy!!Take one thing at a time to earn back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have 2 garbage bags of toys that are still put away because of this same reason! Quite honestly, they don't even miss the toys! Which doesn't help with the pick-up lesson, but it gives them less toys to "have" to pick-up. I plan on switching the toys out in a couple of months--I'm hoping the bagged toys will then be like new!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a dose of the bag lady has visited the Ruwe home...At least if it doesn't work, they never forget the bag lady...Sometimes I think the bag lady should come here and put my things in a black bag..

    ReplyDelete