Friday, July 30, 2010

Ezcema?

Christian broke out in a rash on his face two weeks ago and the same time I called to talk to the nurse about his reflux, I talked to her about a rash that had covered Christians face. She thought maybe it was baby acne and if it didn't go away in two weeks, I was supposed to call her back.

Yesterday, I called her back. During the last two weeks, his rash had spread to the back of his neck, his hair, his ears, around his eyes, and it was moving down to his chest.

I took him in today and he has ezcema! Other people thought it was a heat rash or an allergic reaction to something, but it's not.

It can be caused by an allergic reaction to something, but I think the key is to keep his skin moisturized and clean. I should start using free and clear laundry soap and very mild soap to bathe him in. The doctor also gave me a prescription for a lotion to put on his face.

Funny, this kid is already on two prescriptions. Courtney has only been on one during her entire life! I think Megan suffered from ezcema too. Again, taking after Megan!

By the way, I had Christian weighed at the doctor today and he is 13 pounds!

No comments:

Post a Comment